Gov 2.0 Kit Feedback

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2009 at 9:25 PM

Please give us your feedback on the kit. This will help us priortize fixes and future features.

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:53 PM

On the Home tab I only seem to be able to download the mysite zip to get the egov zip I have to go to the source code tab.  Also I can't seem to find any installation instructions for the egov zip.  Can you provide that?

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Look for a install and deployment document on the download page. It is a separate download that is not in the zip package.

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:54 AM
To: Dean Halstead <deanh@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: Gov 2.0 Kit Feedback [eGov:73271]

On the Home tab I only seem to be able to download the mysite zip to get the egov zip I have to go to the source code tab. Also I can't seem to find any installation instructions for the egov zip. Can you provide that?

Nov 2, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Greetings:

I followed the instructions in the install for the My Peeps Solution. I already have deployed MySites and I ran the scripts to install the MyPeeps portion and was able to activate CSP Follow Me, CSP MyPeeps Link, etc, however I do not see webpart to add when I go to the design view of the puplic page of MySite.

Do I need to delete the existing MySite Collection to implement the my peeps solution?

Coordinator
Nov 2, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Unless you used the MySite Host Template originally when you created your MySite Site Collection, you will, for this release need to delete your existing MySite Collection and recreate using the MySite Host template according to the instructions. We are fixing this in the next release so that you will not have to delete their existing MySite Collections. We are working on that now and expect an update in a few weeks.

Sent: Monday, November 02, 2009 3:10 PM
To: Ken Mallit

Greetings:

I followed the instructions in the install for the My Peeps Solution. I already have deployed MySites and I ran the scripts to install the MyPeeps portion and was able to activate CSP Follow Me, CSP MyPeeps Link, etc, however I do not see webpart to add when I go to the design view of the puplic page of MySite.

Do I need to delete the existing MySite Collection to implement the my peeps solution?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (eGov@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email eGov@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:46 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Hello:

I have followed the instruction to the letter and have made a lot of progress however the mypeeps.aspx page does not load. (Is not found)

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 8:56 PM

When you say it does not load, can you provide more details and a screen shot?

I would be happy to get on a call to discuss this more with you and you send me your contact info.

Nov 3, 2009 at 10:32 PM
That would be great!
How do I contact you?

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:57:06 -0800

I would be happy to get on a call to discuss this more with you and you send me your contact info.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (eGov@discussions.codeplex.com)
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com
Coordinator
Nov 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I sent you a separate email for your contact info.

Sent: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 3:32 PM
To: Ken Mallit

That would be great!
How do I contact you?

Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 13:57:06 -0800

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Nov 17, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Any chance we could chat again?

I am trying a fresh deployment on a development server.

I am almost there but could use a little advice.

Thanks!

Patrick

Coordinator
Nov 17, 2009 at 2:45 PM

Sure. I will get your contact information from Ken.

-Dean

Nov 17, 2009 at 6:09 PM
Great!
Thank you!

Patrick M. Donovan
301-734-1005

Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 07:47:49 -0800

Sure. I will get your contact information from Ken.
-Dean
Nov 18, 2009 at 1:31 PM

Hi, re-created the Mysite with the correct template
Made it the default Mysite
Deployed the solutions
Activated the features
Added the webpart on the MySite home…

But the My Beeps site has not been created.

Please help me on this one…

Kind regards,
Amancio

Coordinator
Nov 18, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Did you delete your existing MySite Site Collection before creating a new MYsite with the MySite Host template?

IF you did this then after you created the new MySite site collection and installed the MyPeeps template when you when to your MySite it should have recreated a new MySite. Did it do that?

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Yes this is a new install in a development environment.

I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I really would love to roll this out to NOAA and NASA.

Nov 18, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Edited Nov 18, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Changed now to the fact that it's working on one admin site, but I'm not getting it provisioned to the other excisiting mysites...

And the admin user name has an underscore in it, the tab changed that to a period?

Nov 23, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Hi:

Thanks.

If you have a moment this morning, I am available to try this again.

Regards,

Patrick

301-734-1005

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:29 AM

Hi, I'm able to send a twitter post, but I want to send internal peeps. How to configure the webparts, where to find the manual for that?
Why not sharing these kind of information on this feedback/download page?

Still not able to provision the settings to all the mysites (new and existing)
I do see that if I add mypeeps.aspx after the user (personal/username/mypeeps.aspx), that the page is there but sending peeps does not work.
Tried to add the webparts on Myhome, can add them but the peeps are disappearing in the cloud ;)

Perhaps it has to do with the configuration of the webpart (My Property Group)?

Please share this with us...

Kind regards,
Amancio

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 5:01 PM

This release of the MyPeeps and MySite template only works by creating a new MySite Site Collection using the MySite Host Template and then creating new Mysites for the users.

Once you do that all activity should work.

To send an Internal peep you just need to enter some text and click the Share button (without clicking on the Twitter or Facebook button). We current have an issue where the “F” Facebook Icon is attached to the internal peep but we are working to correct that.

The Mypeeps template page only works on the MySite Pages. The Web parts have a lot of dependencies on code behind the covers and currently cannot be added to just any page or reconfigured.

This is our RC1 release and we are looking for additional feedback and suggestions on improvements.

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Sorry for the delay. I would be happy to work with you to get again to resolve your issues.

Let me know you availability.

Ken

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:54 PM
Thanks!
I am at work today if you have a few minutes.
I have a complete development environment so we dont have to worry about existing MySites.
My office number is 301-713-4544 x159

Regadrs,
Patrick M. Donovan

Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 10:29:26 -0800

Sorry for the delay. I would be happy to work with you to get again to resolve your issues.

Let me know you availability.

Ken

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Amancio wrote:

Hi, I'm able to send a twitter post, but I want to send internal peeps. How to configure the webparts, where to find the manual for that?

I do see that if I add mypeeps.aspx after the user (personal/username/mypeeps.aspx), that the page is there but sending peeps does not work.
Tried to add the webparts on Myhome, can add them but the peeps are disappearing in the cloud ;)

Kind regards,
Amancio

We are having the same issue.  Was there ever a solution to this?

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:23 PM
My client stopped supporting this effort.
We were never able to get it configured.
Sorry.

-PMD

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:58:07 -0700

Amancio wrote:

Kind regards,
Amancio

We are having the same issue. Was there ever a solution to this?

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com